Web Designer in Savage MN | What Makes a Great Website?
- September 1, 2022
- web design
Web Designer in Savage MN | What Makes a Great Website?
Great websites are easy to navigate, look great, and have an intuitive design. There are many factors that go into making a great website: graphics, color schemes, font choices…the list goes on. But what makes a website truly stand out from the rest? In this blog post we’ll explore some of these key ingredients of successful web design and how they can improve your own site’s conversion rate. Web Designer in Savage MN
A great website is visually attractive and easy to navigate.
A great website is visually appealing, easy to navigate and easy to read. It’s also consistent across all devices, so that your customers can view it on their phones or tablets, as well as on computers. In addition to these basic features, a great website will include multiple pages of content—including information about your business and products—that are searchable by keyword or category. For example, if you’re a restaurant with locations in several cities around the country you should have landing pages for each location with photos of the restaurant interior and exterior; hours of operation; directions from major points in town; menus for lunchtime specials (with prices), dinner entrees (with prices), dessert options (with prices) etc.; reviews from previous clients who ate there recently!
Great websites are easy to use.
- Use simple language.
- Use clear navigation.
- Use a clean design.
- Use a responsive design.
- Use a simple layout.
- Have clear branding and colors that match your business’ identity, but don’t go overboard with this feature—keep it subtle so as not to distract visitors from the actual content of your site and prompt them to leave because it’s too busy looking! You can also use color schemes from similar websites (like yours) if you want some ideas for how to rebrand yourself visually without spending too much time on it!
- Engaging content is another important factor in creating an easy-to-use website: make sure that what people see when they arrive at your site will keep them interested in reading more about what you have to offer or buying/signing up for whatever service/product mechanism exists within your company’s online presence! This means using engaging visuals like GIFs/videos/infographics when possible – these are especially effective tools at driving engagement due to their colorful appearance and ability to break up text into smaller chunks which makes readers feel less overwhelmed by longer paragraphs; however there are many different types of graphics out there so experiment until you find something that works best for each project’s specific needs!
Great websites are responsive.
- Responsive design is a web design technique that uses flexible layouts.
- Responsive websites can be viewed on any device, from phones to tablets to desktop computers.
- Responsible design is a good way to make sure your website is accessible to all visitors.
Great websites use color well.
The color palette of a website is important. It can be used to attract attention, convey a message and create personality. Here are some tips for choosing colors that make websites great:
- Use color to draw attention immediately. If you have something important in your content, use a bright color to highlight it so users know what they should focus on first. This will help guide them through the site as well as make it easier for them to navigate around if they choose not to read everything on the page (which most people don’t!).
- Use color in moderation throughout your site’s design so everything blends together well without being too distracting or overwhelming the user with too many options at once!
Great websites explain what they do as soon as possible. Web Designer in Savage MN
A great website explains what it does in the first few sentences.
The first thing that a visitor sees on your site is the headline and tagline, which should be clear and simple. A good headline is easy to understand and remember. It explains what you do in a way that makes visitors want to read more (e.g., “Get free information about how to run your own business” vs “We help people start businesses”). If there’s room for improvement, try adding a short description of what you do (“We provide free guides for starting small businesses”) at the end of your tagline—you can use this space as an opportunity to differentiate yourself from competitors or highlight features that are unique or important to you (e.g., if your service is available only online).
Great websites have great photography or graphics that are relevant to the company or business.
Great websites have great photography or graphics that are relevant to the company or business. This can include photos of your products, employees, or any other subject matter that’s directly related to you and your brand. The imagery should be high quality and consistent with your brand. In other words, it should visually appeal to people who visit your site.
Great websites take advantage of white space. Web Designer in Savage MN
White space is an important design element. It’s used to help create a clear visual hierarchy, add calmness and tranquility, and make text more readable.
White space (or negative space) can also be used to create a feeling of openness by leaving parts of the page blank or empty. This can be done with large blocks of white, such as on this homepage:
This site uses white space on the left-hand side so that the most important elements are still visible even if you’re viewing it on a small screen.
Great websites guide visitors where to go next, or what they should do next, often with a call to action (CTA).
Your call-to-action (CTA) should be clear, concise, and easy to find. Visitors look for the CTA first and then decide what to do next.
Your CTA needs to be relevant to the user’s intent. It should also be easy to understand and interesting enough that they want to click on it!
Great websites use simple language instead of jargon or industry terms that might not be familiar to the average user. Web Designer in Savage MN
You may have heard the term “plain language.” It refers to writing that is easy to understand, free of jargon or industry terms that might not be familiar to the average user. Plain language doesn’t mean dumbing down your company’s content; it simply means using straightforward statements and avoiding overly technical language as much as possible.
For example, consider this sentence: “The current state of the art in search engine rankings is a complex interplay between site architecture and content optimization techniques.” If you’ve ever written anything like that in a professional context, chances are good that it’s too dense and complicated for most people’s tastes (and probably yours). A better approach would be something like this: “Our website ranks well on search engines because we pay attention to how our pages are organized and what they contain.”
Great websites are easy to read at first glance, without having to scroll down for more info.
Another important aspect of great websites is the use of white space. White space is the blank area that appears around text and images on a website, and it can make a world of difference in how easy your content is to read. The trick here is to avoid clutter—you want your site’s design to be clean and clear, so people don’t have to scroll down through extra information before they get what they came for. It also helps if you stick with fonts that are easy on the eyes (like sans serif or simple serif).
Finally, make sure that whatever information you do include on each page isn’t too overwhelming; try to keep it short and sweet—and use contrasting colors for paragraphs where important information needs highlighting!
The best website designs simplify things for users and keep everything on one page.
A great website design is simple, clean and organized. A good website design will make it easy for your viewers to find what they’re looking for and spend their time on your site as efficiently as possible.
A great designer understands the importance of simplicity in the user experience. When you visit a website, you should be able to quickly scan through its pages without being overwhelmed by clutter or unnecessary information that doesn’t relate directly to what you want (or need). You may not even realize how much work goes into making sure every page of a site is clear and easy-to-use until you see how bad some other sites are! If you don’t have time to read long paragraphs of text explaining how things work on each page then neither will most visitors — so keep things short and sweet!
A great designer knows that good design starts with consistency across all aspects of their visual identity – from fonts used throughout an article about sports cars vs those used for quotes about food trucks.
In conclusion, there are many details that go into making a great website. These details can be found in the design, color schemes, photography and graphics that all work together to create an experience for users. At the end of the day, a successful website is one that meets your needs as a business while also helping visitors understand what they should do next or why they should care about you. If you are ready to make an amazing website, contact Portkey SEO Solutions. We are your local web designing company in Savage Minnesota. We would love to help you business!
Web Designer in Savage MN
Web Designer in Savage MN
Web Designer in Savage MN
This is author biographical info, that can be used to tell more about you, your iterests, background and experience. You can change it on Admin > Users > Your Profile > Biographical Info page."
- digital marketing, graphic design, internet marketing, minneapolis social media, mobile marketing, small business, small business marketing, social media marketing, st paul seo, web design, web design minneapolis, web design st paul, web marketing, website design company, website design minneapolis, website design st paul
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Web Designer in Orono MN | Why Choose WordPress for Your Website Platform?
- SEO Services St Paul MN | How to Rank Your Small Business High on Google in 2023
- SEO Services Woodbury MN | The Importance of Local Search for SEO
- SEO Services in Burnsville MN | How to Optimize Existing Page Content on Your Website
- SEO Services Bloomington Minnesota | Why are Backlinks So Important for SEO?
Like Us On Facebook
More from our blogSee all posts
- Web Designer in Orono MN | Why Choose WordPress for Your Website Platform? December 29, 2022
- SEO Services St Paul MN | How to Rank Your Small Business High on Google in 2023 December 29, 2022
- SEO Services Woodbury MN | The Importance of Local Search for SEO December 29, 2022